Saturday, October 26, 2013

This Drawing of Sully's Mom Just Got Axed from Sully's Second Book



I thought this was an ok sketch of Sully's mom. My daughter especially liked her hair. Weird. But she got axed as a character because my wife said she really  complicated the story. After my wife's feedback, I am axing several minor characters in order to make sure the focus stays on the main 2 characters in the next book. At first my wife wanted me to completely rewrite the whole point of book two, but I couldn't do that. Thus after much discussion, we think we have a solution to keep my central plot line, and make that the focus (my wife wanted a completely different focus).  That is a hard one when your wife is your line editor and she tells you to completely change the point of the book. Luckily, she came around to understanding what I was trying to do, and we found a better way to show it in the book. Hard to know whether to trust yourself or your wife/editor!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment